Role and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Laundry Attendant include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning and drying machinery, including adding chemicals and cleaning lint traps.
- Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair - spot treatment, rewash or discard.
- Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer or dry cleaning machines and place in clean linen carts.
- Set dryers to designated times and temperatures based on fabrics contained in load.
- Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters and drain trap after each load.
- Fold cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine.
- Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.